Precious clothes need proper care. Here are a few Tips:
- Do not store natural fabric in plastic bags.Fabrics like silk, cotton and linen need to breathe.
- Ensure that your clothes are cleaned on a frequent basis.
- Stains should be treated as soon as possible.
- While giving your clothes to the cleaner, inform him/her about the light colored stains as well.
- Flushing of sugar stains is a must before the dry cleaning process.
- Do not let your clothes come in direct contact with antiperspirants and deodorants.
- Excessive perspiration spoils clothes – use under shirts or underarm shields.
- Do not expose fragile fabric to sunlight – the colors may fade!
- Do not rub stained clothes. It only harms the fabric. Blot if necessary.
- Heat sets the stain. Do not iron any stained garments.
Here are some emergency tips that tell you what to do and what not to do:
- Do not panic. Calm down and find out whether it is oil or water based stain.
- Never use water or club-soda for dry-clean-only garments.
- For washable clothes, you can use a small amount of water/club-soda.
- Take a napkin and blot the stain.
- Heat and time set the stain, so take the stained garment to the cleaner within a day or two. And don’t forget to point out the stain!
For Clothing and Fabric Care Tips- Please Click Here!